Voting

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I Cooked SHRIMP!!!

I should preface this by saying that I LOVE SHRIMP! It is one of my absolute favorite foods. Whenever we go to a nice restaurant I order shrimp because I love it and I can't cook it. Also, in general, I am not a great cook, but I do try and Dave graciously eats anything that I put in front of him. Although, I can always tell how good it REALLY was by the number of days the leftovers remain untouched in the fridge.
With that said, I was grocery shopping at Smiths today and as I walked by their meat counter, I noticed fresh, raw shrimp were a good price. Feeling inspired by watching the Tepanyaki chef on Saturday, I decided that today, I too, would cook shrimp, or at least try. So I got home and shelled and washed my shrimp, luckily they were deveined. I opened up my recipe book, put some olive oil and garlic cloves in a skillet dumped in my shrimp with a sprinkle of salt and WALLA... They were delicious!!! Who knew it was so simple. I was very pleased, especially because now I can have shrimp whenever I want!!! FABULOUS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YUMMY, NUM NUM!!! I love shrimp too and it is ALWAYS a safe way to go at a restaurant :) Okay, so how did you cook it exactly??? I want the recipe?