Voting

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bishopric Survival

Dave was called to be in our new Bishopric about a month ago. The weekdays and even Sundays are going well. Sacrament meeting however is a sweat inducing experience. The first week, Porter was crawling under the benches and running out into the center isle yelling, "I want my dad!". I was trying to contain Caleb and catch Porter to take them out when the lady behind me reached over and took a squirming Caleb from my arms. Then I was finally able to get Porter under control. She ended up with Caleb for the rest of the meeting.

Week 2 came and I received several phone calls before church and several people approached me as I walked in, all inviting me and the boys to sit with their families. I was touched by everyone's concern and embarassed that our previous weeks' chaos was probably a topic at Sunday dinner for 1/2 the ward..."Poor Sis. Dunaway, she really had her hands full", "That little blonde Dunaway boy is so cute, but wow he's got some evasive maneuvers" etc... So, I decided it was either spend the next five years locked up in the mother's room or accept some much needed help.

For the last two weeks we have been sitting by not one, but two families AND one of our babysitters came and sat with us. I am very greatful for all of the extra hands, although last week one of the teenage boys really had Porter laughing. I thought, "Well, at least it's not screaming, crying or yelling" and MOST of the marshmellows stayed in our row:)

3 comments:

Deidre said...

Yeah! I am so glad you are blogging! Love to read what is new in your life!!!

burton family said...

I'm so glad you are blogging! How did we all end up with boys (except Amy)?

Anonymous said...

I would be dying if Fred got called into the bishopric...Fred works every 4th Sunday and I personally LOVE it if my girls are sick that day so I can't go :)
And about that flying in Ogden...Fred and I have been wanting to go and do that! How much was it?